Municipal Affairs has released 15 draft regulations that provide details of the various MGA amendments that were made through Bills 20 and 21. Draft regulations are being released in phases with the aim of finalizing all MGA related regulations before the October municipal elections, and are being posted by Municipal Affairs for a 60-day public consultation.
Of the 15 draft regulations, 12 have been prioritized for AUMA input including the following:
- Code of Conduct for Elected Officials Regulation
- Community Aggregate Payment Levy Regulation
- Community Organization Property Tax Exemption Regulation
- Council and Council Committee Meeting Regulation
- Determination of Population Regulation
- Intermunicipal Collaboration Framework Regulation
- Matters Relating to Assessment and Taxation Regulation
- Matters Relating to Assessment Complaints Regulation
- Matters Relating to Assessment Sub-Classes Regulation
- Off-site Levies Regulation
- Subdivision and Development Appeal Board Regulation
- Subdivision and Development Regulation
As AUMA will be providing a response, we invite members to use our website to provide your input. Our website contains further details on the impact of the regulatory changes. Feedback is requested by August 11 in order to incorporate responses into a formal submission.
AUMA will be inviting your response later this summer on additional regulations regarding amalgamations and annexations.