There are two fantastic opportunities for AUMA’s members to showcase their municipality’s people and businesses on Thursday, September 24 during our AUMA Convention.
- Tribute to our province's front-line workers - With the high level of stress and uncertainty that COVID-19 has added to our lives, we are creating a video to recognize and applaud the efforts of dedicated people serving in our communities. Please send us high-resolution pictures taken in your municipality featuring front-line workers in action, such as:
- health and social care: doctors, nurses, midwives, social workers
- emergency response: firefighters, paramedics, EMTs, law enforcement officers
- education and childcare: teachers, educational assistants, childcare workers
- food, utilities, communications, and financial services: grocery, banking, oil, gas, electricity, waste disposal, sanitation, postal, and delivery workers
Please send an email to the address below to receive an AUMA photo release form and collection site address to upload your photos.
- Alberta local virtual networking event - Between 6 and 7 p.m. on September 24, we are holding an event specially designed to showcase passionate promoters of local, made-in-Alberta food and beverage. You, and the supplier if you would like, will have five minutes to show and tell Convention delegates from your region about a local product in your municipality. We are hoping the supplier will donate the product, or a product gift certificate, to be added to a prize basket from each region. Prizes will be drawn at the end of the event. Showcase slots are limited and will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
The submission deadline for both opportunities is Monday, September 7 at 5 p.m.
Your participation is deeply appreciated. Please contact Marisa Ryan, Project Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-409-7496 if you have any questions.